Hamilton Mayer is an international search firm specialising in the construction industry. We are proud to be supporting #careersinconstructionmonth during October to help promote and spread the word to the workforce of tomorrow in terms of thinking about what career route to go down; take a moment to consider the Construction industry, you won’t regret it.
- We are dedicated to providing exceptional services to our clients and candidates who are unsure which direction to go in when faced with the never-ending sea of ‘joe average’ recruiters out there who try their hardest to depict a level of professionalism when in fact this is generally far from it.
- Our aim at Hamilton Mayer is to fully immerse ourselves in the industry we serve. We are advocates that speak the same language as the people we represent. We are proud at the fact we are talent experts in our field and we are truly blessed to work in such an incredible industry with sensational talent.
- So, this moves me onto my next point, Careers In Construction Month (CICM) which is now on it’s eighth annual career month. What is it all about? What’s the main driver for committing to the whole of October all in the name of the Construction industry? Well, let me tell you then; Construction is hands-down the most versatile, extremely adaptable industry that employs some of the hardest workforce in any sector. Careers In Construction Month is all about highlighting the amazing opportunities the industry can provide and getting the message out there in order to attract future generations to the industry.
- With that said, the Construction industry does unfortunately get impacted by a labour shortage, so it’s down to #careersinconstructionmonth to spread the positive message that it’s a great industry providing fantastic job satisfaction, attractive salaries and amazing career prospects.
- The month of October is about bringing awareness to the many opportunities in the Construction industry, so if you are thinking about what career path to go down, including the wide scope of interesting projects on offer, versatility of workforce and the knowingness of being part of team in charge of building something incredible, surely is not something to be overlooked?
- Organized by NCCER and BYF (Build Your Future) #careersinconstruction was launched to increase public awareness, inspire the next generation of construction craft professionals and make an impact on the perceptions of a career in construction. To date, 39 states in the US have filed proclamation requests and are ready to begin celebrating rewarding careers and recognizing the men and women who build America.
Can more be done to help educate prospective future workforce on what the Construction industry can provide as a career path? Instead of doing nothing, CICM is a monthly event held annually with a long-term goal – join the Construction industry and don’t look back.