➖ Senior Project Manager – Heavy Civil
➖ San Antonio, TX
➖ $negotiable depending on experience
- Responsible for the administration and execution of assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner.
- Often assigned multiple projects and/or projects of larger contract amounts and/or complexity.
- Manages work that is consistent with standards of quality and integrity.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Participate as requested in business development, estimating, bidding and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned.
- This position includes two “steps” (I, II), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. The Step I level can manage fairly large projects of $51 – $100 million in size with typically 10 – 15 years of experience.
- The Step II level is capable of managing large projects of a complex nature and/or multiple projects totalling $101 – $199 million and typically with a minimum of 15 years of experience.
- Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field.
- This transition shall include contract review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
- Completes close‐out requirements and punch lists promptly.
- Handles warranty call-backs quickly to maintain owner/client relationships.
- Collaborates with the Project Superintendent on the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work.
- Reviews and monitors workforce, equipment, and material resources to accomplish this goal.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Has overall responsibility for project(s) success, including safety, schedule, profitability, quality and customer satisfaction as well as responsibility for personnel decisions that impact the project.
- Manages the development of the overall CPM schedule with the Project Superintendent(s) and assures all procurement is fully coordinated with the Project Engineer(s). Ensures the project team is utilizing the Last Planner System (LPS) to manage all schedules
- Participates in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Contributes to the business development process including client contact, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
- Prepares the Monthly Progress Report in coordination with the Superintendent(s) by the 6th of every month. Uses available reports to manage costs and prepare accurate cost projections.
- Responsible for the timely review of purchase orders and subcontracts prepared by the estimating department.
- In charge of understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc. This includes providing written notifications when necessary to document impacts.
- Verifies agreements are executed with insurance in place before any subcontractor starts work onsite.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Our client is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, colour, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.