Senior Project Manager – Education — Further Information
Senior Project Manager – Education — Built Environment
Irvine, CA, USA
HMI - 78330
Role: Senior Project Manager – Education
Location: Irvine, CA
Salary: Attractive package depending on experience
Hamilton Mayer is working with a major builder in the US. Repeatedly ranking highly on the ENR listings this organisation is a household name on the Westcoast. They have ambition to hire the best of the best in the Education sector to represent them on behalf of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
- Be a regional leader to oversee large scale education projects valuing $50m+.
- Portray the attributes that up and coming talent (Project Engineers and Assistance PM’s) will aspire to be like.
- Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
- Obtains plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
- Assists business development personnel as requested.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project’s budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
- Monitors the project site for cost, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the project superintendent.
- Evaluates the schedule as necessary to meet milestones and financial goals.
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Will have at least 10 years’ experience in the field leading Education projects.
- Managed over 30+ craft on site, responsible for the full life-cycle of the project alongside the Senior Superintendents.
- Ideally, will have worked on and successfully completed projects on behalf of LAUSD and will be able to provide a professional reference to back this up.
- Desirable applicants will have a track record of working on projects in preconstruction, but this isn’t essential if a project have been managed from an early stage and lead to completion.