Project Manager — Further Information
Project Manager — Built Environment
Dallas, TX, USA
$135,000 - $140,000 - Excellent Benefits
HMI - 97699
Role: Project Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Salary: $135-140k base + excellent benefits
Hamilton Mayer has been given a new instruction on behalf of an ENR general contracting giant to source out a talented individual who knows the Dallas construction market to lead a large apartment project in the region.
The Project Manager is responsible for taking the appropriate measures to assure the project is progressing in accordance with the overall project schedule and contract time requirements, and where required, arrange for and schedule inspections by government officials and consultants to ensure the most effective delivery of the project.
- Will be the lead Project Manager on a $50m, 15-storey cast-in-place apartment project in Dallas.
- Manage all field operations of subcontractors to effectively install their portion of the work.
- Maintain a working relationship with project subcontractors.
- Ascertain and assure the quality of the work is in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Maintain a clean, orderly jobsite and where required, prequalify and hire all field labour. Manage all field labour to accomplish designated tasks.
- Review and evaluate all subcontracts and vendor purchase orders prepared by senior leadership.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for reviewing cost reports and projections and act to effectively manage job costs to levels within the contract budget
- Maintain daily logs to document all jobsite activities and events.
- Implement and maintain quality control and life safety checkout procedures.
- Responsibilities including managing subordinates and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees.
- Positions managed by this role are: MEP Coordinators, Assistant Superintendents, Project Engineers, Field Engineers, Safety Engineers, Foremen, Field Assistants, Field Office Assistants, Project Secretaries, Jobsite Secretaries, and all craft persons.
- Knowledge of all facets of ground up multi-storey Construction, which can include apartments, hotels or condos. (minimum of 12-storey)
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Use of basic reasoning, thinking “on your feet”, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior.
- Most important thing:- be a team player, have an infectious personality, whilst looking for a long-term career.