Project Manager – Transportation / Heavy Civil — Further Information
Project Manager – Transportation / Heavy Civil — Infrastructure
Columbia, SC, USA
$140,000 - $180,000 - Excellent Compensation
HMI - 74832
Role: Project Manager – Transportation / Heavy Civil
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary: $140-180k + excellent compensation
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with a well-known name in the US construction market. The Transportation division is seeking an experienced Project Manager in be located out of Columbia, SC with strong experience of heavy civil, structures and bridges.
* Oversee the delivery of traditional design/build/heavy bid highway projects involving structures and bridge construction.
* Accurate forecasting of costs for job completion.
* Develops strategy for personnel development & recruiting.
* Be responsible for managing all aspects of multi-million-dollar heavy civil infrastructure work which will involve operations, commercial, financial and health and safety.
* Develop knowledge of and communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
* Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
* Be able to offer guidance to senior leadership on effectiveness of the work being carried out as each employee’s opinion counts within this organisation.
* As well as leading the mobilization of the project, this position will suit individuals who can oversee and partake in the pursuit of future growth in the region.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred but is not essential.
* Previous success working with State DOT in the Carolinas.
* Comply, understand and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure everyone gets home safely to their families.
* Minimum 10-15 years of industry experience in transportation; ideally in the heavy civil, infrastructure market.
* Demonstrated experience and willingness to travel within a region to further assist other project teams when they might need help.