Project Executive / Area Manager – Mid Atlantic
Covering Washington DC to Baltimore
Salary: $200k+ USD + Attractive Compensation Package
A general contractor with a global presence responsible for delivering some of the most iconic projects in the world. Hamilton Mayer has been instructed to search for world-class talent, with the ideal candidate taking up the position of Project Executive and will be earmarked for a Vice President role in the future. We seek individuals with 15-20yrs experience in heavy-civil infrastructure who will have the personality and leadership skills to spin several plates, i.e., (a seller, doer) type character.
‘’This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and experienced Executive with a background in Civil Engineering to take their career to the next level by leading high-profile projects and driving results’’
- Responsible for managing operations and growing the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Will have a strong network and relationships in the area.
- Market sectors of interest include roads, bridges, tunnels and track.
- Ability to wear several hats: Business Development, Pursuits Leadership, and Project Management with the role leaning more towards operations in the first instance.
- Lead from the front, mentoring senior staff members on growth strategies and target customers, primarily focusing on the Washington DC/Baltimore regions.
- Coordinate with bid teams and estimating departments focusing on future work-winning opportunities.
- Provide an environment where dynamic project communication occurs resulting in continued relationships with transportation agencies.
- Establish a team around you over the next 3-5yrs to ensure effective client management deliverables are hit.
- Run projects at profitability levels to meet or exceed expected margins.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment for all personnel.
- Continuously monitor project progress and adjust as necessary to ensure successful completion.
- Develop project plans and timelines, and oversee all aspects of project execution
- Ensure project objectives are met or exceed quality, scope, and budget expectations.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Led project teams, including coordinating the efforts of internal and external resources.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including project sponsors, team members, and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience in project management, specifically in Civil Engineering.
- PMP or other project management certification is a plus.
- Strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with project management software and tools.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Will have relationships with, but not limited to, DOT’s, AMTRAK and DC Water.
- Excited to grow into a Vice President role.
If you are a results-driven professional with a proven track record of delivering successful projects in the Civil Engineering sector, we encourage you to apply today.