The Lean Coach-Director (Engineering) is charged with improving the lean thinking and execution capabilities of project teams – spanning front-line to senior leadership levels.
You will be building lean capabilities on projects with complex technical elements, large number of design and construction partners, and distributed execution across the globe.
Successful applicants will be expected to coach and mentor the development of the following competencies listed below:
Lean Design and Engineering, broadly encompassing:
- Target Value Design/Set Based Concurrent Engineering/Set Based Design
- Standard work in a Design/Engineering environment (Design Cells)
- Leader Standard work, particularly as it relates to the work of Design Leads
- Continuous Estimating
- Visible and Reusable Knowledge, including the capabilities to develop Trade-off curves.
- Visual Management using the Obeya System for design and engineering
- Co-design/ development hackathons/Joint Design
- Integrated Project Delivery (I2PD/IPD) implications for Design and Engineering
- Workforce organisation/Task force arrangement for incremental design
- Last Planner System as it pertains to detailed design and engineering
- Lean Supply Systems in Construction and their optimization
- Choosing By Advantages
- Fabrication and Construction as Design Partners
- Production Preparation Process within the Design and Engineering Phases
- Organizing Design and Engineering by value streams
Notice to Candidates:
- Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree in engineering or equivalent technical education
- Experience ranging from 3 years upwards of intense application of Lean Methods (listed above) and Kaizen Activity within Design and Engineering. Demonstrated experience of no less than 6 elements implemented per year.
- Additionally, experience ranging from 8 years upwards of intense application of Lean Methods and Kaizen Activity in general with preferred application in Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication and Construction.
Other Job Requirements
In the capacity of a Lean Coach, Director, you will be required to:
- Coach and mentor Leaders and front-line Designers and Engineers in lean methods and improvement techniques.
- Deploy Lean in accordance with the guidance, framework, methodology & roadmap provided by the Global Director (Lean Sensei) so that a group-wide
transformation is enabled.
- Support the global spread/replication of Lean design holistically, in accordance with targets set by the Global Director for Lean, so that efficiency and productivity gains are leveraged worldwide.
- Create fertile ground for lean (Small Group Kaizen, Toyota Kata, Employee ideas) as defined by the Lean deployment roadmap.
- Develop capabilities at all levels by planning and imparting Lean training – Cultural transformation.
- Develop capability at all levels (Frontline, Supervisors and Senior Management) to practice lean by transference of skills, knowledge and lean values experientially.
- Report progress and be guided by the Guiding Coalition for Lean established at either Business Line or Project level.
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering/technical preferred.
- Advanced degree (e.g., Masters degree or global equivalent) in engineering discipline/technical field, or administration area preferred.
- Professional engineering registration preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
This global EPCM organization is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. On offer, include: medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law in the United States of America.