Role: General Superintendent
Location – Ohio
Salary – $185-200k base salary + Excellent Benefits
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with a prominent ENR construction giant, renowned for building excellence and outstanding customer service. This multi-billion-dollar general contractor is looking for an experienced Superintendent to manage the boots on the ground on-site, with complete oversight of large commercial and industrial manufacturing projects.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a veteran of the construction sector with at least 20 years of industry experience.
- Responsible for delivering projects from the ground up, with construction values being over $80m.
- Create and manage budgets for all assigned projects.
- Develop and collaborate on pre-construction RFP package.
- Conduct project meetings, while setting milestones and formulating monthly owner reports.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and provide excellent quality control on ground-up commercial construction projects.
- Regularly review construction and contract documents including site plans, shop drawings, specs, manufacturer’s requirements, and scopes of work to ensure they are being satisfied.
- Develop long-term project schedules to meet the contract completion date as well as generate and execute short-term weekly look ahead schedules and daily reports -Conduct weekly safety and subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Manage the closeout process efficiently through to certificate of occupation.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs while explaining how these needs could be met by specific company services.
- Oversee and coordinate planning and scope development, specification and drawing preparation, equipment and materials planning.
- Ensure overall quality and project control is at the highest standards.
- Providing project reports to the Executive Leadership team.
- Ground-up, concrete & wood frame structures expert.
- Strong planning ability to assess and evaluate project success rates.
- Mastery of reading construction drawings; tasks including reading, interpreting, and updating construction project-related designs.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- A strong understanding of lean construction techniques will be advantageous for this role.
- Excellent team player with consistent communication channels with regional leadership.