Estimating Manager – (Vertical Construction) — Further Information
Estimating Manager – (Vertical Construction) — Built Environment
Austin, TX, USA
$140,000 - $165,000 - Attractive Compensation Package
HMI - 75499
Job Title: Estimating Manager
Business Area: Vertical Construction (Texas Market)
Salary: $140k-$165K + Attractive Compensation Package
Hamilton Mayer International is working with a powerhouse in the US commercial building sector with revenues exceeding $3bn. This highly reputable general contractor is synonymous with building some of the most iconic projects across the country.
With some exciting plans for the Austin region, we are searching for an Estimating Manager who will be responsible for maintaining an audit trail of the quantity survey from estimate to estimate, supports vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation and coordination of appropriate proposals to the client.
- Tracks value creation items from development through inclusion and documents in project documentation.
- Develops and manages scopes of work for all trades, including responsibility matrix, distribution of plans and specifications, and pricing, bid solicitation and coordination for vendors and subcontractors.
- Utilizes knowledge of the project schedule and logistics in project estimates.
- Assists with system analysis of building components and MEP systems and assists operations staff on project logistics, staging, phasing plans, and coordination.
- Coordinates bid day summaries, general requirements and participates in project procurement presentations.
- Collaborates with operations and field staff to develop more economical ways to construct projects during the preconstruction process.
- Provides professional and comprehensive deliverables at the completion of each major estimate.
- Take the lead role in design-bid-build and design-build bids, ideally being able to provide some evidence of previous success.
- Use of relevant estimating software requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimates and participate in bid reviews overseeing a team of estimators for large, complex projects, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Help the business continue to be a recognised name in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field would be preferred but not essential.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in construction estimating software.
- Aptitude in appreciating advances in construction technology.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction management.
- Knowledge of field operations through project support.
- Ability to prepare quantity surveys.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Full proficiency in the relevant estimating software, whilst also being able to mentor and offer support to other staff members.