Role | Director of Preconstruction – Life Sciences
Location | Raleigh, NC
Hamilton Mayer International is working in close partnership with one of the most recognized names in the US construction market. As a formidable player in the industry, this prestigious general contracting firm has a reputation for delivering some of the country’s more complex projects in vertical ground-up construction.
Known as a nationwide builder, this highly regarded organization is seeking to expand its Life Sciences service offering across the Raleigh region, therefore, is wanting to appoint a senior leader responsible for growing the company’s presence with those particular skillsets.
- Participates in interviews and interview preparation for negotiated bids.
- Review and oversee project schedules and develop draft general conditions estimates for operational input.
- Execute the company’s risk management procedures including strategies for bonds, insurance and Subcontractor agreements.
- Work with business development and account managers in proposal preparation and the delivery of sales presentations.
- Navigate and utilize BIM models and effectively use the tools to the creating advantage against market competitors.
- Manage a team of estimators and engineers.
- Establish relationships with subcontractors and business partners to accomplish preconstruction responsibilities.
- Demonstrate Expert knowledge of construction pricing who can be counted on to maintain company pricing within our database.
- Prepares and submits contract documents for legal and risk reviews.
- Prepares qualifications and assumptions that align with the contractual requirements of the project.
- Assists in the prequalification process.
- Responsible for leading internal estimate review and bid process team meetings.
- Presents deliverables to the owner in a complete and organized manner, per the approved guidelines of the company and the requirements of the owner.
- Attends and represents the company all design and coordination meetings.
- Assists Project team in design decisions and development of solutions.
- Reviews the project construction schedule and ensures the timely preparation of the General Conditions and coordination of General Conditions with trade packages.
- Ensures we are adhering to contractual requirements and strategically meeting overall goals by understanding preconstruction and construction contracts and applying knowledge to assigned project.
- Tracks and manages construction budget between formal estimating periods and keeps owner and team abreast of current budget and impact of design decisions.
- Acts as the team liaison between operations, estimating and design management.
- Represents the business to subcontractors through management of the preconstruction process.
- Builds and maintains relationships with architects and engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, and/or 15+ Years of applicable estimating, design management and/or field management experience.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, Estimating Software knowledge of the organizations subcontractor outreach and document control systems.
- Self-starter. Highly motivated to bring results and success to the projects he/she leads with primary focus on the Life Sciences market.
- Ability to build trust and influence others internally and externally.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with company core values.
- Maintains a “value added” approach to preconstruction.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey high-level competence to varied audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.