Chief Estimator – Civil Engineering — Further Information
Chief Estimator – Civil Engineering — Infrastructure
Los Angeles, USA
$160,000 - $200,000 - Excellent Package
HMI - 78833
Role: Chief Estimator – Civil Engineering
Salary: $200k + Excellent Package
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with one of the largest general contractors in North America, specifically assisting their heavy civil division in SolCal.
Our task at hand is to make our client aware of exceptional talent to head up and lead an estimating department focusing on targeting Design-Build, Alternative Delivery and P3 contracts across the West Coast, with the focus being on targeting heavy civil transportation work valuing between $250-500m+.
– Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build bids.
– Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scopes of work and required contents of estimates.
– Quantify project components to ensure accuracy and client satisfaction.
– Advise Business Units Leaders of progress and % volumes of contractually winning work and future margins of success.
– Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers about prospective future work forecasts.
– Oversee and review the work of all other Estimators in your team, being a leader as well as an excellent manager.
– Use Estimating experience and knowledge of the industry to determine cost effective solutions against competition.
– Work on preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications utilizing dedicated estimating software.
– Research pricing for proposals based on historical and regional costs and offer additional support to leadership to advise alternative solutions for success.
– Provide comprehensive market knowledge feedback on new bidding opportunities and any concurrent projects that may be running within the division’s territory.
– Assist in creating, organizing and maintaining vendors and subcontractors lists in order to facilitate quotes for projects.
All applications into Hamilton Mayer are treated confidentially and we will ensure to contact suitable candidates within one week from submitting a resume. Due to high volumes of applicants, if you do not get a response within two weeks, unfortunately it does mean you have been unsuccessful with your application.