Chief Estimator (Building) — Further Information
Chief Estimator (Building) — Built Environment
Phoenix AZ, USA
HMI - 64030
Role: Chief Estimator (Building)
Location: Phoenix AZ
About Our Client
The client is a full-service general contractor who has been working in the Southwest area for over 100 years. They have an excellent backlog of projects and are in an exciting period of growth mode. They specialize in various market segments including Healthcare, Higher Education, Retail, Senior Living and Multifamily to name a few, covering ground-up and interiors projects.
Some Key Highlights
- Ranked the #4th commercial builder in the Southwest
- 100% employee owned
- Has a tremendous track record for being an innovative forward thinking company
- Awarded most admired Executive Leadership spotlight award
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, design reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to fully gauge requirements and expectations.
- Coordinate bid preparation requirements with the Contract Administrator.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to the Director of Preconstruction.
- Coordinate pre-bid RFI’s prior to specification cut-off date.
- Prepare estimates by calculating and assessing project take-off and overall scope of work in line with the both the preconstruction and project delivery teams.
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
- Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, monitoring progress, cost/budget, revenue, etc.
- Mentor and manage Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in construction management or engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in estimating and preconstruction in the building sector.
- Strong background estimating in the following commercial projects will be preferred, Retail, Higher Education and/or Healthcare a plus.
- Experience working for general contractor with a track record being fully engaged in estimating and preconstruction of projects valuing $50m upwards.
- Will consider applicants open to relocating to Arizona or can stay away during the week if this is an option.
What’s on Offer
- Salary on offer is negotiable depending on experience.
- Attractive vehicle allowance as part of the compensation.
- Unrivalled employee stock program that is highly lucrative for long-term service to the company.
- Full Healthcare benefits available.
- Clear communication, great work environment and a world class company culture.
- Excellent reputation in the industry with ambition to build on this further.