Role: Chief Estimator – (Building)
Salary: $180k base salary + attractive benefits
Location: San Antonio, TX
Who Is Hamilton Mayer Partnered With?
The client is a full-service general contractor known for building some of the most iconic projects in the US. They have an excellent backlog of work, experiencing an exciting period of growth mode. They specialize in various market segments including Hospitality, Industrial, Retail and Food Beverage to name a few, covering ground-up and interiors projects valuing up to $500m.
Some Key Highlights
- Listed in the top #20 ENR rankings.
- Outstanding H&S record.
- A tremendous reputation for being an innovative forward thinking company.
- Has been awarded many industry accolades for services to the sector.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, design reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to fully gauge requirements and expectations.
- Coordinate bid preparation requirements with the Contract Administrator.
- Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to the Director of Preconstruction.
- Coordinate pre-bid RFI’s prior to specification cut-off date.
- Prepare estimates by calculating and assessing project take-off and overall scope of work in line with the both the preconstruction and project delivery teams.
- Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
- Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned which may include but not limited to; estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, monitoring progress, and cost/budgets.
- Mentor and manage Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned, providing a fully engaged, collaborative sense of innovative leadership.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in construction management or engineering, but not essential.
- 15/ 20 years of experience in estimating and preconstruction in the building sector.
- Experience working for general contractor with a track record being fully engaged in estimating and preconstruction environment.
- Previous successes of contract awards will be advantageous.
What’s on Offer
- Opportunity to lead a division, playing a key part in it’s overall growth and success.
- Will have strategic influence when decision making on pursuits/and or future tenders.
- Attractive compensation package commensurate to the role at hand.
- Clear communication, great work environment and a world class company culture.
- Excellent reputation in the industry, with ambition to build on this further – this organization thrive on continuous improvement, always wanting to do better where they can.