Business Group Leader – (Heavy Civil) — Further Information
Business Group Leader – (Heavy Civil) — Infrastructure
Tampa FL, USA
$300,000 - $400,000 - Excellent Compensation
HMI - 75848
Business Group Leader – (Heavy Civil)
Salary: $300-400k basic + Excellent Compensation
Location: Tampa, FL
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with one of the best names in the industry. This formidable player in the construction world with group revenues of $6 billion and an expansive portfolio spanning across commercial building, heavy civils/transportation and wastewater municipalities.
One thing is for sure, this organisation doesn’t hold back when a tough assignment is presented by the client and the job just needs to be done. What is necessary in these circumstances is to ensure the correct people with the right attitude are in place to deliver exceptional results.
- Responsible for the Florida region of the United States with leadership of all operations across the state.
- Lead the office, responsible for annual revenues of $350m with the aim to bring this figure closer to $500m in the next 3-5 years.
- Key market knowledge will include heavy civil, bridges, transit, highways and heavy/light rail.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, to ensure deliverables are providing best-in-class construction services to large scale, highly complex construction projects throughout the Florida region on behalf of the client.
- The position also requires the ability to lead teams to successfully execute and deliver projects working with design consultants under alternative delivery and design/build methodologies.
- Lead the project team (including staff from other groups (e.g. JV partners) and sub-consultants and sub-contractors) and coordinate all project resources.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure projects are built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that projects in the region are constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
- Consistently demonstrates him/herself professionally and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include attracting, selecting, onboarding and retaining talent; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management of team members including annual performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, addressing complaints and resolving problems; building talent and succession within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field would be desirable but not essential. It’s experience that counts, and if applicants have around 20 years executive leadership under their belt, then this would be of interest.
- Ideally will have delivered rail/heavy civil work for a Transportation Authority or similar client.
- Be an effective leader not just managing large projects, but also be able to run a whole region consisting of $350m annual revenues.
- Proven track record with large client program management, pursuit execution, and multidisciplinary team management.