Director of Estimating | Design-Build Pursuits | Heavy Civil — Further Information
Director of Estimating | Design-Build Pursuits | Heavy Civil — Built Environment
Dallas, TX, USA
$160,000 - $180,000 - Attractive Benefits
HMI - 3444
Director of Estimating | Design-Build Pursuits | Heavy Civil
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports into: Senior Vice President
Compensation Available: $180k base + Benefits
Responsible for managing all activities related to estimating the elements of project cost (direct and indirect) including labour (manual and non-manual), materials and permanent equipment, supplies, consumables and expenses, construction equipment rental and operating costs, contingency, escalation, program risk.
Individual incumbents may be responsible for the management of cross-discipline applications or may concentrate in one or more of the Estimating disciplines including Electrical, Architectural/Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Systems Control, Estimating cornerstone application analysis, etc.
- Provides functional and administrative oversight of all estimating activities, including: estimate planning, preliminary project schedule, coordination of estimating activities, equipment and material take-off, costing, vendor and subcontractor quotations, calculating Return on Invest Capital (ROIC) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR), preparation of a basis of estimate, and leading estimate reviews.
- Implements estimating policy, procedures, and systems consistent with the company mission and competitive practices when focusing on design-build heavy civil work.
- Ensures that guidelines, policies and procedures are established and implemented for various types of estimates.
- Ensures that systems are maintained in a manner that aligns with the established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Analyses and reviews proposals to ensure potential profitability.
- Maintains an adequate level of personnel, with appropriate levels of skills and training, to staff on-going estimating activities.
- Remains objective when faced with predetermined client numbers/expectations.
- Participates in contract and change order negotiations.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the estimating process associated with joint ventures, consortiums, teaming arrangements, etc.
- Assists in Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Assures quality archival of historical data (consistency, current, accurate, and complete).
If you are interested in assessing your experience to this job opening, please contact Jayson Oliver who is leading the search and will be able to give further insight into the position and the client Hamilton Mayer is representing.
Contact: Jayson Oliver