Senior Estimator – Higher Education & Healthcare — Further Information
Senior Estimator – Higher Education & Healthcare — Built Environment
San Diego, CA , USA
$145,000 - $165,000 - Attractive Benefits Package
HMI - 7843
Job Title: Senior Estimator
Business Area: Building – Higher Education & Healthcare
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary: $145k-$165K + Attractive Benefits Package
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with a household name in the US commercial building sector. Our client is a widely recognised general contractor synonymous with building excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Following a recent senior appointment in the region, the wheels have been put in motion to appoint someone to assist the growth plans across both education and healthcare markets.
- Will have a strong win-work-radio in sectors including, Healthcare and Higher Education.
- Responsible for estimating functions and preconstruction evaluations valuing between $50-80m, helping assist overall annual sales revenue.
- Help drive sales growth across the San Diego region, with the main driver increasing award rates for new work in the specifically targeted market segments.
- Take lead role in design-bid-build and design-build bids, ideally showing success in winning work in healthcare and higher education markets.
- Use of relevant estimating software requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimates and participate in bid reviews overseeing a team of estimators for large, complex projects, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Help the business continue to be a leader in the industry, always thrive to be the best that you can, both for you personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field would be preferred but not essential.
- Ideally located in San Diego, but relocation will still be an option on the table.
- 10+ years of experience/knowledge of construction estimating and pre-construction, ideally in vertical building in either Healthcare or Higher Education markets.
- Will have overseen estimating procedures and had some success on projects valuing $50-80m.
- Full proficiency in the relevant estimating software, whilst also being able to mentor and offer support to other staff members.