Business Group Leader/Vice President – Building — Further Information
Business Group Leader/Vice President – Building — Built Environment
Raleigh, NC, USA
$300,000 - $400,000 - Executive Package
HMI - 78373
Role: Business Group Leader/Vice President – Building
Salary: $300-400k basic + Executive Package
Location: Raleigh, NC
Hamilton Mayer International is working in partnership with one of the biggest names in the US Construction industry. This formidable, multi-disciplinary construction firm has an outstanding reputation commanding group revenues of $10bn across a wide portfolio including; commercial building, heavy civils/transportation and waste water municipalities.
- Responsible for the Carolinas Building Division providing executive leadership of operations in Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, Greensboro, Greenville, Raleigh and Charlotte.
- Overall leadership across various offices, with expected annual revenues of $200-400m.
- Key market knowledge across commercial markets will include Healthcare, Hotels, High-rise, Office and Education.
- Collaborate with the National Centers of Excellence in each product type to bring best-in-class construction services to large scale, highly complex construction projects throughout the Carolinas region.
- The position also requires the ability to lead teams to successfully execute and deliver projects working with design consultants under Design-Build and GMGC methodologies.
- Lead the project team (including staff from other groups (e.g. JV partners) and sub-consultants and sub-contractors) and coordinate all project resources.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure projects are built on schedule and within budget.
- Continuously review field operations, ensuring that projects in the region are constructed safely and in accordance with all design, budgetary and scheduling obligations.
- Identifying required and optional changes in project scope and negotiate change orders with the owner.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include attracting, selecting, on-boarding and retaining talent; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management of team members including annual performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, addressing complaints and resolving problems; building talent and succession within the team.
- 20 years+ construction management experience at an executive level.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial building markets.
- Proven track record overseeing large client program management, pursuit execution, and multidisciplinary team management.
- Will have excellent client relationships in the Carolinas.