Project Executive – Infrastructure — Further Information
Project Executive – Infrastructure — Infrastructure
East Coast (Location is flexible), USA
$160,000 - $220,000 - Executive Benefits
HMI - 72300
Role: Project Executive – Infrastructure
Location: East Coast (Location is flexible)
Salary: $160-220k + Executive Benefits
Hamilton Mayer International is currently undergoing the search on behalf of a major contracting business in US. This organisation is recognised as a national leader in the Heavy Civil Transportation sector, offering its clients unrivalled multi-disciplined construction services.
- The SVP of Heavy Civil Group is seeking to recruit an experienced person to be part of their senior leadership team. This person will have a firm understanding of civil engineering involving Highway Maintenance, Rail and general civils consisting of Bridges, Structures and Flyovers.
- Able to lead an effective team in the delivery of traditional design/build projects.
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of multi-million-dollar heavy civil infrastructure projects which may involve both private and public clients.
- Will have achieved excellent health and safety records, thus able to maintain sustained contractor-client relationships.
- Coordinating with Estimators and senior operational staff, driving continuous improvement to meet the demands of large and sometimes quite complex projects.
- As well as leading the mobilization of the project, this position will suit individuals who can oversee and partake in the pursuit of future growth in the region.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in line with corporate policies.
- Leading by example, you will provide positive safety leadership to the project
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts, liaising with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the leadership team.
- Lead the project team (including staff from other groups (e.g. JV partners) and sub-consultants and sub-contractors) and coordinate all project resources.
- Monitor/control construction progress to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Assemble key personnel for the project, utilizing internal resources as well as external through your existing network.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain strong relationships with client.
- Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process by determining project scope, planning, and estimating and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Be a Charted Engineer in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Previous success working with Transportation Authorities, such as TxDOT or FDOT, PDOT will be advantageous, as will relationships with Labor Unions.
- Demonstrated experience and willingness to travel within a region seeking opportunities and networking.
- Experienced in liaising with clients, consultants, and management of site staff and subcontractors.
- Be skilled in anticipating project needs with enough lead-time to avoid delays in production.
- Experience in multiple procurement methodologies – Design Build/ PPP (P3) preferred.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to represent all project matters on behalf of the Company and/or Joint Venture related to cost, schedule & contract matters with owner, partners and/or subcontractors.